Monday, January 4, 2010

Tough Decisions

I really despise tough decisions... Especially when you have to say "no" to an opportunity that you have looked forward to for years.

This decision is about classes I am taking this coming semester. I have to take 16 credits to graduate, but there is this one other class that I have always wanted to take. The problem is, it's 3 more credits to add to my class schedule, and my already busy life. Seems like it would be a common sense decision to make. If I used my head more than my heart, this decision would have already been made.

When it comes down to it, you really have to lay out all of your responsibilities and time commitments out on the table. Organize your life activities in order of importance -and don't forget to add time for yourself to the equation. I've definitely learned from past experience, that if you don't save time to take care of yourself, then you can't do anything else.

After writing this blog, I feel like I know what the right decision is... but I think I'm going to give it a few days and let my thoughts sink in. Hopefully with some time and prayer the decision will come to me.

1 comment:

  1. So an update on this story... I decided to stick with the class. I am actually enjoying all of my classes this semester, and I know each one will have a significant impact on my perception of the world. Next time I write I will share some things that have enlightened me thus far :)

    ReplyDelete