Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am so fortunate

Today I woke up, and I knew that it was going to be a GREAT day- simply because I had made plans to meet with some wonderful people!

Visiting Granby...

This morning I went to my high school (Granby) and visited some of my favorite people! I intended to go today because I am doing an independent study next semester to develop a mentor program for students with learning disabilities. I was not quite sure what kind of information I would get, but I met with several faculty and learned a lot about the programs that are being implemented at Granby. Such an inspiration for my project and my career in the future. I am really looking forward to gathering information from a variety of resources and creating my very own program.


Lunch with Mrs.Prewett...

Next, I had lunch with my guidance counselor from high school, Mrs.Prewett. She has been a great mentor and support for me through the years, and I love coming home and letting her know all of the wonderful things I have been doing while at JMU. It makes me happy to show her that her hard work certainly paid off. She keeps me motivated to keep aiming higher and higher for success.


Visiting Mom's work...

Finally, I visited my mom's work. She works at a hair salon, and has been doing hair for about 40 years. I pretty much grew up in the beauty salon, as she started bringing me in there since I was an infant! Once I was able to walk and talk I would help out all the operators in there by cleaning their station and sweeping up hair. It was a great way to earn a little money so I could buy my own toys and candy and such. I always loved helping them, and this is probably where I developed the love to help others! A majority of the clients that get their hair done there have seen me through many stages of my life and have watched me grow into a young lady. It is always a pleasure to go in and see how they are doing. One lady, in particular, that I love to go see is Mrs.Salasky. She has known me for well over 10 years, and I have always admired her. She is so classy, beautiful, and thoughtful. I hope that as I grow older that I can grow to be like her.

1 comment:

  1. i love your black and white picture. =) and your high school is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete