Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 - It's really here...

I am so excited for this year! I have so much to look forward to...

I have all of my graduate applications ready to be submitted and will be sending them before the end of this month. I am applying for school counseling, and I am so glad to have finally found something that would be a perfect fit for me! I have decided to apply to five schools: Radford, ECU, UGA, VCU, and ODU. I hope and pray that I get in somewhere, and will be keeping my fingers crossed...


I have also applied for the Peace Corps, just for fun. Not really sure if I really want to do it, but since you have to apply 9-12 months in advance, I figured who knows what I would be thinking by the time I would find out if I am accepted. So far I am on step 6 out of 9 (woohoo!) I have already passed so many steps, and am currently at the nomination step. I have been nominated to the Central/South America region. I picked this area as one of my top choices, because I want to go somewhere Spanish speaking! Me encanta la lengua de espanol y yo quiero practicar mas!!

I think I will probably hear from both Peace Corps and the grad schools around the same time. Depending on which path I decide to go down, this decision will have a significant impact on where my future leads. Such a scary but thrilling choice to make. I am so happy that I don't have to make the decision today, and instead, I can focus on other things... such as my final semester at JMU!

This semester is going to be great and filled with a lot of activities. I will be one busy lady, but staying busy is what I love and what drives me. However, I want to keep in mind my main focuses, and I have come up with four of them:

1) Keeping my classes first, and taking advantage of my last semester of learning at JMU.
2) Presiding over FORJMU and making sure that we put a lot of effort into our projects this semester. I am really looking forward to welcoming new members and bonding time!

3) Co-Leading an Alternative Spring Break trip to Los Angeles with my girl Jessie! We will be leading 10 participants and 1 JMU faculty member to LA where we will work with Aids Project Los Angeles (www.apla.org)

4) Creating time for ME! I really want to save time to go to church on Sundays, go to UREC more regularly, and enjoy my busy life!

This is only half of my 2010 year! Who knows what will happen in the other half...

No comments:

Post a Comment