Sunday, July 31, 2011

I reach out willingly, with little hesitation.
Thinking I’m going to go to my mind’s destination.

Only to find a new path unthought of.
I was not prepared for this.
I just wanted to feel loved.
What did I miss?

My inner child feels threatened.
It was like showing my true self put you in danger, so you pulled out your greatest weapon.

On your defense, you criticize my action.
I did not make the right move.
It’s hard for me to accept your reaction.
I did not see another path to choose.

Sometimes I feel blind on this journey.
It’s upsetting when I make these mistakes I did not see coming.

My intentions were pure and genuine.
Can you not see through to my soul?
This is not a game I’m trying to win,
But rather an experience I’m trying to console.

Please put down your defenses and love me for who I am on the inside.
I want to be real with you. I no longer want to hide.

I realize my mistakes are a threat to you.
I admit, I’ve hurt you before,
I’m trying my best to understand what I do,
But it’s challenging to move forward when I have this open sore.

I’m reaching out, for love and affection will certainly help me recover quickly.
Will you take my hand and hold it supportively?

No comments:

Post a Comment